Search For I Dunno

letters from the crazy about the crazy & to the crazy. treat the crazy nicely.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thru Days of Splendor...

Here's the one for the day. It was written post-Denver, and it remains very poignant for me. I find it ironic now, however, because I eventually fell in love with Zooey Deschanel, who ended up playing "Summer Finn" in (500) Days of Summer. So, in other words, they stole my idea. :P

HIGH LIGHTS
-----------------------------------

I lazed away and tasted days,
I gazed on stupor and drank
Malaise,
Thru Days of Splendor,
Days so young.

Where was the song,
The Savor?
Where find the grace,
The Savior?

Summer had stolen my soul
-- Alas! --
With sunny rays.
How Child-like Golden!

Summer has stolen my soul
-- Alas! --
With sunny rays.
How Midas Golden!

Summer stole my soul --
A lass...
...With sunlit strands...
How Seeming Golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment